Friday, July 23, 2010

Wellies!

Now I realise it's a bit early to be buying my festival wellies for next year but when I saw these on eBay, I just couldn't resist!
They are from Marks and Spencer and cost about £25 new I would reckon. I bought them for £7 delivered (to my home address, so yet another thing I won't be seeing till September!)
The girl was selling them in blue and pink but I decided to be good and only bid on one pair. Although I'm a self-confessed pink addict, I reasoned with myself and decided blue will probably go with more things.
Don't you just love the lace detail??
Can't wait for Rockness and T in the Park 2011!
(Also, I don't know why my pictures sometimes jump to the side instead of staying in the centre but it's REALLY annoying! Anyone know why it's doing that?)

3 comments:

  1. I love those wellies, I have a pair with flowers on, I ended up forking out £20 for them, damn things. These are in fact a bargain!

    I love second hand books btw & I love looking for some hidden nostalgia too. In fact that Children’s book I got the other day had 'Dear Mark, Christmas 1968' written inside.

    I love the idea that someone else has already read the book, I don't know maybe because when you read a book it's a very personal thing, you don't read aloud (like you often watch films with other people) but a book is a personal journey and if someone else has read that book before you, you just know they have been on that journey too!

    Here's me going on, but yes I can totally relate to what you said. I do love a bit of nostalgia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wellies are great! I have a pair with marshmallows all over them :p

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! i totally agree with Alice! Even though it's really nice to have a brand new book, sometimes i just can't read them the same. I work in a library and was reading a book that was a few years old, but i decided i wanted my own copy of it for keeps, so i ordered one from amazon and it was the exact same edition but somehow i couldn't read it quite the same, without the thumbed and slighty yellowed pages!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think, you'll make my day!