Saturday, July 31, 2010

Honey, I'm home!

What a nightmare of a week.
I've had the most awful time with the family I was au-pairing for in Spain and decided to come home a month early. It cost an extra £160 to change my flight but I was out of there within 24 hours, although with a horrible, awkward environment once they knew I was leaving.
Don't get me wrong I have some great memories too and I'm sure there are loads of lovely families out there but this time I just had bad luck.
On the plus side...I'm home! And I had quite the little pile of eBay parcels waiting for me on my bed! It was SO exciting, along with the bumper sales parcel from Dorothy Perkins I mentioned in my last couple of posts. I bought a Holga camera that I had been hankering after for ages, got the red flash version in the starter kit all brand new for £24 which I think is alright!
And a MOUNTAIN of cheap, but lovely new clothes - can't wait to wear them all!
So this is just a quick note to apologise for neglecting my blog recently and to assure you that posting will resume very soon! (and outfit posts suitable for Scottish weather - yay!)
Tomorrow I will do a bumper "Look what I bought" post with pictures of my goodies!
For now I need to go and celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. aww i'm sorry it didn't work out well! my friend is going to be an au pair in Belgium in september, i hope it works out ok for her.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think, you'll make my day!